1
Posted on 12:47 PM by prajeesh and filed under
In ASP.net we are redirecting to a page using Response.Redirect("PageName.aspx") ; or
using Server.Transfer("PageName.aspx"); difference between these two commands are
Response.Redirect tells browser to redirect to another page where Server.Transfer instead of telling the browser it changes the focus of the web server to another page so it reduces HTTP requests and run your application faster also browser url will be same, please note that Server.Transfer can only used for redirection between the sites running in same server.
If you set PreserveForm parameter True then existing query strings and form values are available in next page too.


Shout it kick it on DotNetKicks.com
1
Response to ... Difference between Response.redirect and Server.Transfer
Anonymous said... July 31, 2009 at 4:01 AM

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://8080proxy.com
fatio